Friday 17 February 2012

Mass Effect 3


Bioware this week released a demo for the upcoming Mass Effect 3.  I was going to avoid it, preferring instead to wait for the full game.  However, to quote a famous wit, I can resist everything except temptation.

I officially give it a WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO rating on the excite-o-meter!

The first Mass Effect is, by a large margin, the best video game I've ever played (and I'm old enough to remember Sensible Soccer.)  To date, it is the only video game to make me go a bit "wobbly" during the end sequence.  Not only is it great to play, the story is excellent, to the extent that the Mrs likes to watch the story parts with me.

Mass Effect 2 was a different playing experience, stripping back some RPG elements, but adding some great production (the soundtrack is immense to exercise to.)

First impressions of Mass Effect 3 are extremely positive.  A great looking (and sounding) game with a good variety of powers and weapons.  Really looking forward to the release date, 9th March, when I'll continue my proud tradition of having a Mass Effect, beer and takeaway fest!  I'll leave you with the Invasion of Earth trailer:
  


1 comment:

  1. I'm tempted but being a MW3 whore at the moment, got you on my blogroll now.......

    ReplyDelete